Even the most knowledgeable and worldly person can be perplexed by the divorce process. A person who wishes to begin the divorce process seeks the simplest and most dependable method of locating and hiring the best advocate in Delhi who can not only provide accurate advice but also achieve success in the legal battle.
List of the top 5 tips for hiring the best divorce lawyer in India for your divorce case:
- Determine the type of divorce you wish to file: The first step is to determine which type of divorce is best for your situation. There are two kinds of divorce in India: mutual consent divorce and contested divorce.
In mutual consent divorce in India, the husband and wife reach an agreement on the terms and conditions of the divorce. The divorcing husband and wife settle issues such as maintenance/alimony to be paid to the wife, custody of any children born from the marriage, and the division of property owned jointly. Instead of hiring separate lawyers, the divorcing couple handles the divorce proceedings together.
- Determine the type of legal services you require: You have a choice in the mode of finding the right divorce attorney for your case, in addition to the type of divorce you want to pursue. The first option is to go on word of mouth and hire a lawyer recommended by a distant acquaintance. The second option is to search the Internet for a good divorce lawyer in India. Choosing a lawyer online is a better way to find one because you can read reviews from previous clients, learn about the areas in which the lawyer specializes, and then make a more informed decision.
- Gather information on various lawyers based on your case and budget: If you choose the modern method of finding a lawyer online, make your final decision after conducting extensive research. Do not assume that the first few results will provide you with the best course of action. Choose the platform/website that provides you with all of the necessary information on divorce law advocates in India. When searching for a lawyer on the internet, make sure to finalize the one that lays out the fee structure for your divorce matters and details about your lawyer ahead of time.
- Choose a lawyer for consultation: After locating the best website for finding divorce lawyers online, you must consult with a lawyer before proceeding with the advocate for your court case. You must first speak with the lawyer, go over all of the possible legal scenarios for your divorce with the lawyer, get answers to any questions you have about the divorce process, and determine whether the lawyer is appropriate for your case. Hire a divorce lawyer only if you agree with the legal strategy proposed by the lawyer.
- Hire a lawyer to file a divorce petition in India: Once all of the discussions and checks have been completed, you can hire the best divorce attorney in India for your case. If you choose a contested divorce, hire a lawyer who has experience dealing with not only divorce petitions but also maintenance petitions and child custody petitions.
Hiring a divorce lawyer can be more difficult than it appears! It is a decision that must be made with care and diligence. To finalize a lawyer, it is critical to strategize and follow proper procedures. You will end up with an average lawyer with insufficient experience if you make rash decisions without proper consultation.